Who We Are
We are a family of believers in Jesus Christ, the One and only Son of God. In our family, people are loved and accepted for who they are and are challenged to grow into who God wants them to be. Our family seeks each day to be a people who love God and love people expressing that love through service in Christ. We want to know Jesus and make him known.
We invite you into our family to share in this incredible journey of life in Jesus Christ.
What We Believe
We believe God has called us to graciously represent Jesus in our community. Therefore, prompted by God's love for us demonstrated through Jesus Christ, our goal is to obey our Lord and to do what Jesus has asked of us.
We believe the message of the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus is good news and that it is our purpose to share that good news.
We believe God has called us to guide people in becoming disciples of Jesus, becoming like Jesus, empowered by his Holy Spirit.
We place a high value on baptism through immersion and particpating in communion every week.
We gather together to worship God, build each other up through prayer and the study of scripture, and seek to serve one another and our community in love.
We believe that Christ is revealed through scripture and seek to align ourselves with his teaching and life using scripture as our guide. As we approach scripture, we believe "In essentials, unity; in opinions, liberty; in all things love."
We gather for all these purposes with the understanding that this ministry is the responsibility of the body as a whole. Each member is gifted, valuable, and has a role to play.
We are a non-denominational Christian church with roots in the Restoration Movement and connections with other Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.
1919- A one-room church building is dedicated on land donated by James Harden two years earlier. T. A. Cox is the first minister.
1931- $225 spent to move entire building 10 feet from the road for highway widening.
1943- Church custodian gets paid $1.
1946- A basement and new front entrance are added to the building.
1949- Reva Nell Quimby & Donald Smith are the first couple married in the church building.
1954- CYF (Christian Youth Fellowship) is formed with Lloyd & Ara Lou Hardisty as the first sponsors.
1958- Sunday night Bible study and youth meetings begin.
1965- Fellowship Hall built
1966- Building fund established to provide for any future building projects.
1972- Groundbreaking for the new building begins, and the first services are held in the building on Christmas Eve the same year.
1976- CCC's first newsletter is published.
1977- Mike Lane is hired as the church's first part-time youth minister.
1981- North parsonage approved for building.
1984- Harry Mager paints baptistry mural.
1986- Youth minister John Sichting establishes Junior Church on Sunday mornings.
1992- Addition built to back of Fellowship Hall.
1993- Parking lot becomes high-heel friendly when it's blacktopped.
1995- Curtis Martindale property purchased and remodeled for Youth Minister's parsonage.
2001- H.E.A.R.T.S. group forms for over-50 adventurers.
2006- The church's first secretary, Sara Spillman, begins working Monday through Friday.
2008- Senior Minister Tony Stinson joins the CCC family.
2008- Former south parsonage is converted into a youth house.
2009- Groundbreaking begins for new multipurpose building behind current church location.
2010- Youth Minister Ray Hausler is welcomed to CCC
2011- The multipurpose building is completed
2012- Current secretary Christy Boles joins the CCC staff
2014- Dan and Linda Wilson lead our first international mission trip to Haiti
2016- Children's Director Tanya Johnson joins the CCC staff